Wednesday, December 23, 2020

A CYPRESS FRONT ENTRY DOOR

A while back I had a Customer who was a Nurse up in Gainesville

approach me about building a new door for her house.

It had been a while since I built an entry door, so this was a nice challenge I was willing to take on.

The door is built of cypress. 

The main frame is tongue and grooved with the T&G being 3/4" thick, which adds quite a bit of glue surface area, making for a strong joint and door.

With the cypress panel insert, I did a V joint tongue and groove on multiple pieces, then glued them up as one large piece, then cut it to fit the top section and the lower section, keeping the wood grain pattern running together from the top to the bottom.


The customer is beginning to apply there clear coat to there new door.


The door from the front porch.

Nicely installed too, with new hardware.


And of course from the inside too.

Be sure and click on the picture to enlarge.

No comments:

Post a Comment